One tablet generates as many web hits as four smartphones
One tablet generates as many website visits as four smartphones according to data from Adobe’s Digital Index Report.
Q1 of 2012 saw smartphones account for 6.1% of site visits compared to 4.3% on tablet. However smartphones only maintain a greater share of website visits due to the lower penetration rate of tablets.
Future Tablet Growth
Share of website visits from tablets grew approx. 10 times faster than the rate of smartphones within two years of market introduction and grew more than 300% in the last year.
- From 2010 through to 2011 there were 5.3 times more smartphones shipped to North America and Western Europe compared to tablets
- Share of website visits from tablets grew approx. 10 times faster than the rate of smartphones within two years of market introduction and grew more than 300% in the last year
- Tablets’ share of website traffic will exceed smartphone traffic by early 2013 and reach 10% of total website traffic in early 2014
View the full Adobe Digital Index Report 2012.
- » How to select a mobile device for enterprise mobility
- » Microsoft Surface Pro “just isn’t there” says IDC analyst - are smaller models on the way?
- » Acquisitions are driving Dell deeper into BI and analytics
- » Is BlackBerry CEO right to question long term tablet future?
- » Is 2013 going to be the year of biometric security?