Who are Using Smartphones & Tablets?
Smartphones and tablets, it seems everyone has them but which demographics lead the way? comScore highlights.
Tablet Demographics 2011
Currently, the European tablet audience is predominantly male standing at 61.9 percent.
Users aged 25 – 34 account for the largest share of tablet share of tablet owners at 22.3 percent, whilst those aged 35 – 44 account for 19.6 percent.
Tablet Ownership Across the EU5
Men are more likely to use a tablet in Germany (65.3 percent) representing the most extreme gender divide across Europe.
The UK, in contrast, has the most equal gender split across EU5, 47.6 percent of all UK smartphone users are female.
Cross Device Ownership Within EU5
Across the EU5, iPhone users are 64 times more likely than an average smartphone user to also own an iPad.
Interestingly, the iPad’s popularity extends ‘Apple Fans’ as a number of other device owners are more likely to purchase an iPad. For example, Motorola owners are 110 percent more likely, whilst LG owners were 80 percent more likely to own an iPad.
- » IE continues to be threatened as workplace browser of choice
- » How to select a mobile device for enterprise mobility
- » Acquisitions are driving Dell deeper into BI and analytics
- » Is 2013 going to be the year of biometric security?
- » Samsung and BlackBerry are secure enough for Pentagon - but not Apple?